Editors note: A “Tuc Tuc” is a 3 wheeled rickshaw
Well I loved hearing from all of you! Thank you for always remembering me. I love you all so much!
This week was a rockin week. Let me just start with a couple of key points.
1. Elena is so ready to get baptized! Do you remember this miracle lady that showed up at church the past week? Well she is just loving everything and she even showed up to the ward party early just to help. She ROCKS and I love the Miracles of God. She will be baptized on the .
2. Marvin, the police officer and the only one of his family who is not a member, is also going to be baptized on the . He had a baptismal date like 20 years ago, but never showed up at his baptism, and this time he said YES. And there are no buts about it. We just love him and his family so darn much.
3. WE HAD THE BEST WARD PARTY IN THE WORLD. Mom, you know I have never been a big fan of ward parties and all of that but I just have to tell you, our ward mission leader made these awesome invitations to pass out to everyone and their dog. It was like a celebration of the independence of Guatemala... and well every organization had to put on a dance.... let us all imagine the Elders Quorum and the Relief Society doing dances... it was literally the best thing I have seen thus far on my mission. And the best part of all of this is that we had 24 INVESTIGATORS AT THE WARD PARTY! We taught three lessons during it and they all said that they were going to come to church. Well, they may or may not have been a little too tired after this party, and not all of them came, but many did! WE ARE TOO STOKED.
4. It was late night and we decided to contact a family on the street… on a dark street. Great idea Hermana Funk and Hermana Merrell. Anywho, as we were contacting them we starting hearing loud footsteps behind us and I looked back to see this man all dressed in black with cowboy boots and the whole get-up chasing after us, we started booking it! He was running too and so we ran faster, and let me not forget to mention that it had been raining way hard that day and every member had given us a sweater to put on. I HAD 4 SWEATERS that weighed a whole lot and my comp had a sweater with a built in scarf... and we were so weighed down by these things and we couldn’t run.. hahaha but then we were saved by a tuc tuc. Great times in Chimalllll.
5. I had divisions with my daughter. She made sure to remind me how much I made her suffer in her training but it is all for the cause dear.... I love her so much!!
My testimony gets stronger every day. I am coming to know my Savior and kneeling in his shadow every night pleading with my Heavenly Father to bless you all. You have no idea how special you all are for me. I am doing good, still livin, and still loving every minute. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL THE FINAL MOMENT!!!