Friday, February 14, 2014

Conversation Hearts

Familia!

Thank you so much for your emails! I literally always just get so darn excited to check my emails and to see that I am loved, it makes me feel better to know that I am still remembered!

 I loved loved loved my Valentines package that you sent me! I made the mistake of bringing the conversation hearts to a Family home evening. There was like one for each person but I did not really didn’t think it through. They started to ask, "Hey what does ‘pick me’ or ‘u r hot’ mean?" hahaha there goes hermana funk, getting fresh with her investigators!

Well... let us see, to be honest I cannot even remember what happened in this past week! We have been working so hard in this huge area and little by little I know that we will see miracles, because really I have just felt that I have been so blessed my whole mission! 

Our investigators are doing well, they just all have a little problem with the law of chastity, or the word of wisdom... but these are just small things right? Of course right! But I know without a doubt that this is just the trial of my faith before the miracle comes! But I could use all the prayers for this people who I love just so much! Especially Ernesto, Joseline and Julissa, Jonni, Javier and Daniel and Haydee. I know without a doubt that with prayers that we will see miracles!!

My companion is doing better and better. Really it just all comes from when you can forget about your own self and love these people. That is the only and true way that I have found happiness on the mission. You can't wait for a change of companion, change of area, until you’re senior companion until you are happy, you just got to choose to be happy NOW! And really, I have seen a huge change in her, I am just so proud of my little daughter!

We decided to spice things up a bit this week when we were contacting. Sometimes it gets really boring to say the same things when people open up their doors. And so this one lady answered her door and I asked her, "Hey Hermana, does Thomas Monson live here?" She told me no and I just acted like I could not believe it, and then I said, well, since he is not here, would it be okay if we shared something with you? AND she accepted! It was so awesome! 

I also have this other goal that in every single lesson I am going to use the Book of Mormon, even if these people do not have the slightest idea of what it is. But it is great because I will read a scripture and say, "'Oh well, Hermano I am sure you have heard this scripture before!" And they always are like, “Oh yes, this is one of my favorites!” haha they know the Book even before they have read it!

I am really sorry that I do not have more exciting things to tell you this week but I know that I will be able to tell you about all the miracles that I know that we are going to see next week! I am where I am supposed to be and I am giving my all, repenting when I make a mistake but most of all having faith in the Lord. 
I love you all so much! I WILL BE WRITING ON MONDAY NEXT WEEK.

Ame 




No comments:

Post a Comment