Wednesday, May 14, 2014

9 Months Down!

Hey there fammmm!

I was so happy for the chance I got to speak to you all on Mother’s Day! That was so fun! I am glad that at least you could see me, I am serious, I could hardly see anything! I didn´t know if it was Dad, or Emily walking by, or Gareth or mom. But then I could tell by your voices! And I loved it! Thank you for your support! It means more to me than you know.

Well, I have hit the big 9. BUT I am not thinking about that, I am just thinking that I have to do EVERYTHING I can so that I do not have even one regret at the end. I am working hard, harder than ever and I know that it will pay off!

This week we have had a bunch of divisions. I first went with a girl named Hermana Reategui. Man, she has only been a member for three years and is the only member of her family. Her family has only talked to her one time since she left and she had to pay for her whole mission without any support for them. When I was with her, she found out that her mom did not want to talk to her on Mother´s day. Her attitude was amazing. It really just shows me how much I have and how lucky I am to have all of your support.

I also had divisions with two hermanas norte americanas. They are so awesome!! Really, every sister here is like of gold. I am just supposed to learn a lot from each and every one of them. I love doing divisions! Even though I am so darn tired, like so tired, it is so worth it.

WE HAD A BAPTISM THIS WEEK!!! WOOOO!!! POR FIN!!! But you know how he cannot remember anything? Well, he did not remember that it was the day of his baptism! Imagine that! And so we ran to his house.... he lives two miles away.. but we ran to his house to wake him up to go to church. He lives with the landlord of the house that takes care of him and is a drunk woman. And so we knocked on the door, the drunk woman who had just arrived home from the fair.. at like 4 in the morning opened the door and told us that he would not be coming to church... well we did not let this stop us!
An hour later our ward mission leader went to his house and they told him also that he was still sleeping... we did not give up.

One hour after our ward mission leader went to his house again and the drunk woman got really mad and told him that he was not coming out and other words that I am not allowed to say....we did not give up.
After church we ran to his house. Literally. Again, he lives two miles away! BUT WE RAN! And finally the drunk woman had gone to the fair again. But Luis was in his bed with an awful pain in his knee and he couldn´t walk. We called over the priesthood to lift him out of bed, put him in a car, and took him to the church... This was like at four in the afternoon, and so the only people who were at the church was the bishop and his family, and the ward mission leader and his wife.  So, the bishop’s 4 year old son gave the prayer, the bishop and the wife of the ward mission leader gave the talks and the ward mission leader did the baptism. Hahaha it was really a sight to be seen. But he got baptized and was so happy!!!

I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to see such miracles! With faith and obedience and exactness comes the miracles!!!

I love you all so much!!!!
Ame


No comments:

Post a Comment