Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The wheel on the Guatemala bus go...

Buenas Tardes!

Okay, I am glad that you guys are going on about 2234 vacations while I am gone, that is really neat. But I want to know, how many of you have traveled in a hot, packed full, but OH SO FUN Guatemalan bus for 4 hours two times a week for the past 4 months?? I think I win that one!! It almost wins with the big blue van... basically the same. Just with these buses you have to like sit on top of people and they fit so many people.... no seatbelts.. aka I am breaking Laurie Funk rules. hahaha

This week was a week of miracles! We just have so many pilas people! We put a goal for 5 baptisms in the month of August and I think we will be able to do it. La hermanita Dafnee is doing well, she just really wants to get baptized and we put her date for this Sunday! BUT I need your prayers so that her parents give her permission. Also prayers for Marlene and Ernesto forthis Sunday. They are such a great fammmm and I know they will do it! They even gave me my seventh bday party. they rockkkkk.

We have this investigator named Carlos. He cracks me up. He is 19 years old and just LOVES to try and impress us. He was like the hot topic at church this past Sunday and all of the young woman are so willing to come with us to go visit him and all the young single adults were just thrilled. We really have brought the main attraction to church, but he actually really loves the church, not just all of the attention. We just always pray that he can *remember* to put on a shirt when we teach him, and if not, we just tell him that we are going to leave and he can call us when he is presentable. hahaha 

I went on divisions the other day to the hottest part in all of Guatemala, I am so sure. It is called the GOMERA. ohhh my heck. They have sand instead of roads, and in the first 15 minutes that I was there, I got blisters on my feet from having the sand be so HOT. Then a rainstorm came in at night and so the lights went out, and this meant that the fans didn´t work and this meant that every 5 seconds I went to the bathroom to wet down my whole head just so I could sleep for like 10 minutes. It was just so fun. So fun. But the hermana that I went with is awesome so that makes up for it.

My 75 year old boyfriend is doing well. He is so confused about what the Priesthood is and thinks that when he gets it he will be able to make whatever change he wants in the church. For example, ¨Hermana Funk, when I have this priesthood, I am going to liven things up in Sacrament Meeting. I am talking about guitars, trumpets, everything.¨ He wants to buy out one room in the church to make it into a place for people to sleep when they get tired because he told us he bought a lottery ticket and it is the winning one. Wow, will I be ever so lucky when I marry him, right??

Well, love ya all. Ame
Ame

No comments:

Post a Comment