Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Only the Beginning

Familia Funk,

You guys are too funny. And yes, I do realize that I come home in a little bit, but my companion and I made a covenant with God that we would not talk about home (because she goes home the same day I do,) while we are in the street, but when we are in the house that we can talk about it. And really, it has helped.

This week I ask for your prayers for Gaby. Her mom gave her permission to be baptized! Now we just have to make sure that it is completed.

This week was amazing. On Tuesday, I had my Final interview with President Markham, it was a true and real manifestation from the Holy Ghost that the Lord is pleased with the work I have done, and the work that I will continue to do, and that for that I will return home clean from sin, and come home having completed the measure of my creation on the mission. It truly hit me so hard, and was exactly what I needed to hear from my Heavenly Father. He is the only one that I need to have pleased with the work I am doing to here.

On Wednesday we went to the temple as a zone. I have never learned so much as I did this day in the temple. Inside, I felt pure and clean. And as I was sitting there praying in the celestial room, I did not want to stop praying and the thought and the voice so distinct came to me, ¨Amy, this is only the beginning.¨

Thursday, I think may have been the most special day on my mission. I went to the sealing of one of the converts I had a year ago in Antigua, Hermano Mauricio. When we first found him, he did NOT want to listen, and he was so rude to us. But then he changed and was converted. I have never felt as I did while seeing them in the sealing room together. And at the end, he said to me, ¨If it weren’t for you, I would not be here right now.¨ As I was leaving, with tears in my eyes, I realized, THIS is why we are here as missionaries.
I love you all, with ALL of my heart. And here, I have learned to Love my Savior. And like he told me in the temple, ¨this is only the beginning.¨

hermana Funk

No comments:

Post a Comment